Cellular phones (cellphones). Nokia, siemens, motorola, mobile fones games, fones 4 u, 4 all, ...

Friday, April 27, 2007

Internal Vs External Antennas on Cell Phones

Here are some thoughts about internal and external antennas on cell phones. Is it true that external antennas picks up and holds a signal better than internal antennas? I was just wondering about the signal strength and quality in the phone, that's about it.

Well, the thing is that technology has come thus far that we no longer require the age-old antennas that the old Nokia's used before. An internal antenna would work just as fine as an external antenna, which however means that you are purchasing a good model phone and not some really cheap model.

A Motorola V3x has an internal antenna, which works wonderfully great. I don't even have any problems with reception, which is amazing!

I feel that an internal antenna is superior to the external antenna in wireless devices. An external antenna can easily get broken or cracked and then your phone is basically useless or should I say ruined. Many of the manufactures' have now gone to internal antennas and the devices are much better than the old external antenna devices. In looking at today's devices, the Samsung and LG phones still seem to have external antennas and the Motorola devices are now all internal.

The Nokia and Sony devices also have internal antennas. All of the PDAs now have internal antennas, including the newer Treos. Sound quality is based on the phone model, itself, but as far as getting and retaining signal strength, I think you will find that the phones with internal antennas, such as the Razr, several of the Sony models and the PDAs are better than those devices with external antennas.

I have looked a several external antennas for my cell phone. (I have a Motorola V120) I noticed that the antenna had a smaller coaxial cable with it. My question is would it be possible to attach my cell phone to the TV antenna or would this make a problem? I can not pick up anything where I live. There are main power lines not to far from my house. I think that prevents me from receiving a signal. If this would not work will the other external cell phone antennas do anything?

Televisions operate in a different frequency range than cellular phones so hooking up to a television antenna will not improve your signal. If you have absolutely no signal at your house and have to travel a distance before you pick up a signal the prospects are grim. If you have some kind of signal outside of your house then an external antenna should help you. In addition to an external antenna an inline amplifier would strengthen your signal ever more.

I have an LG phone using Verizon service. In or outside of my house my signal varies from 1 to 4 in strength even when I'm perfectly still. I don't think the little flat antenna boosters that go behind the battery are working. I mean, my calls are dropping like flies. It's ridiculous!

My advice is for you to try doing a *228 (send) option 2 to your phone. You should consider doing that once a month to update the most recent tower list. However, if that doesn't work, then you should think about purchasing an antenna that does work with your phone. The only thing is that the antenna would need to be plugged in.

Article Source: http://www.kokkada.com

Victor Epand is an expert agent for www.BuyCellularPhones.info, a huge cellphone superstore featuring great prices and rebates on cellphones including Motorola, Samsung, Nokia, Audiovox, LG, RIM Blackberry, Sanyo, Sony Ericsson, and others.


Cellphones
__________________
Technorati tags:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
privacy: